Saturday, March 14, 2015

4 months

4 months, on Pi Day!  OK, he's actually 4 months and 4 days on Pi Day.
Gabby's new word is mosquitios (pronounced like Spaghetti-Os).  Sometimes she even says spagheettios!  She also calls her kazoo "hum" because we told her she has to hum to use it.  Hilarious.  She also went to her first friend birthday party for a little girl at daycare.  It was adorable.  I'm not going to post pictures, because I didn't get the other moms' permission, but she had a fantastic time, and was so excited to see her school friends outside of school!

Video embedding still not working!  Click here for one of Louie!

Louie is such a wiggler now!  He constantly moves his arms and legs when he's in his bouncer (unless he's focused on something) or on the floor.  He rolled over once from belly to back in his crib, but it seems to have been a fluke, because he's never repeated it.  He loves to stand up and look around, and will try to climb me while I'm holding him.  He moves his feet just like he's walking sometimes, and has really good neck control.  He can get anything he can grab into his mouth (including my chin and mouth--ouch), and has gotten so much better at getting his hands to work.  His favorite chew toy right now is his foot (usually rightie, but leftie gets in there too), but anything is fair game.  He goes to town on Sophie the giraffe.  He continues to be a shy baby in public--we went to a baby shower for one of my coworkers, and he freaked out when everyone kept coming over to talk to him.  But he was totally fine with one of the profs taking him outside (and away from me), though!  He had a growth spurt earlier in the week, which meant nothing but eating and sleeping (or crying).  That was fun.

Louie got his first fever this month--102.6!  I took him to the doctor, but it was only a cold.  He looked so miserable :(
But once he got over it, he was my happy boy again.

Really happy.


Sleeping boy.  He woke up about a second and a half after I took this picture.

Cool shades in his Moby

Nerd bib!
Even more fun was when Gabby woke up vomiting Thursday night at midnight.  Brian helped me change her sheets and clean up only for her to throw up again all over the clean ones.  I finally got her settled back down when Louie woke up needing to eat (about 2:30).  I finished with him and "slept" in her room for a few hours.  She woke up at 5, threw up again, and then she laid in her bed talking to me until 6 when she insisted on going downstairs.  I was running on 4 hours of sleep at that point, so I woke Brian up.  He went with her and I got to sleep until 7:30 when  Louie woke up.  To make the day more fun, Louie's 4 month appointment was that day.  Brian stayed home in the morning with Gabby (who'd stopped throwing up, but was clearly feeling poorly), so I didn't have to worry about both of them.  I was half an hour late because I'd written the appointment down wrong.  Fortunately, the nurse likes me, so they still took us.  He got his shots, and was an absolute crank for the rest of the day.  I was so tired that it didn't even occur to me to give him Tylenol until 5:00, so I was dealing with a sick toddler (who did take a 3.5 hour nap) and an infant who wouldn't let me put him down (or even let me sit down) from 11-6 when the Tylenol kicked in and Brian came home.  She's doing much better today, and he is too, but Friday had me wondering why we decided to have 2 kids.

Um, we're cute.  Duh!!
See?
It's not all bad--they are super cute, and (mostly) really good kids.  Louie's getting way more fun, and Gabby is still such a helper.

Speaking of, a little help, please?
I love my kiddos, even when things are tough!  But thank goodness for Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment