Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Change is in the air

So I really started this blog to have a record of my wine making, just in case I decided I liked it and wanted to do it again in the future.  However, with the huge changes happening in my life right now, I've decided I'm going to branch out a bit and use it to keep my family and friends up to date as to what's going on with my life.  So, here goes,

I'm pregnant.

I've been saying that a lot over the past few weeks, but I wasn't sure it had really sunk in for me.  I see my mid-section expanding; I know my pants don't fit anymore; I've been spending a ton of time on websites like The Bump; I've had 3 ultrasounds and heard the heartbeat 4 times, but I just wasn't sure it felt real to me yet.  Until yesterday.  I had my standard monthly OB appointment, no ultrasound, just the doppler device, but once I heard that heartbeat, I knew for certain that there was a baby in there.  Odd that all the visual evidence did nothing for me, but hearing the beat coming from that tiny little machine did it. 

Anyway, this blog will still chronicle my journey into wine making, but also my journey into motherhood.  I hope you enjoy it!
Baby Romo, 12 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment