Friday, June 7, 2013

16 months

For once I'm posting a bit early!  I'm on my break from teaching until June 10, and I'm trying to get everything out of the way before class starts again.  I'll be teaching 4 days a week--MTW from 8:00-2:30 and R from 10:15-12:30.  Gabby's going to daycare 5 days a week for those 8 weeks so that I can get grading/prep done on Fridays.  I know she's going to have a blast--Phoenix does a summer camp sort of programs, which means that she'll get to play outside and in the water a ton.  They did the first water day yesterday, and her teachers said she loved it!

Speaking of water, we bought her what we thought was a small wading pool, but turned out to be a bit larger than anticipated.  It is shaped like a whale, though!

She was fine while I was holding her.

As you can imagine, this was great for my knees and back.


But once I put her down...

she wasn't so happy.

We sat on the side and splashed for a bit.

Then I put on my suit and got in with her

Which worked much better for her.

We also got her some toys (measuring spoons and salad tongs), which she used to drink the water.  At least she was well hydrated.

She really seemed to enjoy "swimming" around.

And some mommy tickles, too!
She's added a few words to her vocabulary--she now says toes (does), bubble (which is very clear, and she uses it to mean outside too), balloon (bloon), shoe (doo), hat, belly (belye), door (she leaves off the r), yes, no (a clear favorite right now!), oh no, book (leaves off the k), baby, waffle, and apple (usually bapple).  She is obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba and asks to watch it all the time. 



She gets really upset when she has to wait! And don't worry--this is the only kids show we really let her watch, and she only gets 1 episode before we go and do something else.

She also can do some of the motions to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (thanks to Elizabeth for showing them to me!), and she loves to watch us do Itsy Bitsy Spider.  Gabby loves to dance, but seems to be cursed with my lack of execution. 


Yup, just like mommy!

Gabby is growing so fast and is learning so much that it's hard to believe that just a few months ago I was worried that she'd never walk.  I'm so proud of her, and can't believe how much I love this little girl :)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute bathing suit! Looking forward to seeing Gabby (and you) this weekend.

    ReplyDelete