Tuesday, November 12, 2013

21 month pictures

I know I already covered Gabby's 21 month post in the last update, but I wanted to make sure I posted these pictures from this past weekend.  She had such a good time with her friends!

On Saturday, we went to her friend Kate's house for a Megablocks party.  It was a rather small party--just Gabby and Kate--but the girls had so much fun playing with the blocks and each other. 

Gabby was banging the blocks on her head and saying "ow". Kate was too, but was smart enough to stop before I got the camera.

Kate was a bit reluctant to give hugs.

"Get off of me..."

But Gabby wore her down!

And big smiles afterwards.

Gabby modeled some of Kate's cool glasses

And got to take a pair home!  We finally found sunglasses that Gabby will leave on!
I did miss some of the funniest moments, like when they each had a blanket and would run into the kitchen.  Then Kate would run back out with both blankets, and Gabby would run out a few seconds later laughing.  Or when they were playing with Kate's princess castle and Gabby would pick up a princess only to have Kate immediately snatch it out of her hand and say "mine!".  Gabby would giggle and pick up another princess, and Kate would repeat!  This went on for a good 10 minutes!  Definite playdate success!

Then on Monday, we met up with Phoebe and Ellie (and Mimi and Judy) at Fairytale Town.  Gabby and I had never been, and we had such a good morning!

Blurry shot in Cinderella's carriage.  Have you ever tried to get 2 almost 2 year old to look at the camera at the same time?  This was the best I got.

On the slide on Jack and Jill's hill.  Phoebe got bored of this slide very quickly--she wanted the bigger, faster ones!

In The Little Engine That Could

Phoebe finding treasure on the pirate ship

Gabby's a hugger--fortunately Phoebe doesn't mind.  And this time they managed to hug without Gabby ending up on the ground!

2 silly girls

Steering the ship together.

Eating a snack/lunch at King Arthur's Round Table.  As Judy said, not the pizza place.  Don't worry, my Sacramento friends got the joke.

Photo by Judy:  Walking together.  Phoebe wasn't so interested in hand-holding--she had things to do!
We went home for Gabby's nap, and then she and I walked up to Starbucks for a snack and then went to see the ducks.  I don't have any pictures, but I did take a cute video


I think I mentioned that she definitely knows what two is (one thing in each hand), but the rest are just words that she's parroting back. Still, it was super cute to hear her counting in both English and Spanish (even if the Spanish was a bit off, and she got stuck at 5 in English).

I love this little girl so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment