Monday, December 19, 2011

Week: 31

 
Baby Size: 17ish inches and just about 3.5 pounds.  This week at the appointment, her heart rate was 141, and still sounded really good!  

Sleep: She's loving the early am bounce fest, but my bladder really isn't.  At least getting back to sleep is getting easier.  I find the secret to get myself really tired during the day.  Lots of stuff done=better night's sleep! 

Diet and Exercise:  I've done well with the treadmill this past week, but since we're leaving for Christmas on Tuesday, I won't be exercising all that much.  I'm going to make it my goal to try and take a walk at least every other day while we're gone.  I was up to 149 this week at the doctor's, which brings my gain up to 17 pounds.  Pretty good! 
 
Movement: She just did this really odd jumping around thing--seriously, it was like someone just played "Jump Around" in there and she took them seriously!  She loves our daily snack of hot chocolate, and I can count on plenty of movement when it hits her system!  Less cool is the 3 am jump fest, especially since it feel like she's about halfway around my back when she kicks now, and she's getting strong enough to actually push me a bit off the mattress.  I'm having trouble telling position, since sometimes it feels like she's completely traverse (lengthwise across my abdomen) and other times it feels like her head (or butt) is up and the other is down.  She does hang out on my right side and kick left, although that flips occasionally too!  I won't have my growth scan until week 36, so I have to wait until then to know how she's hanging out (which makes sense, since she still has enough room to turn until then! 

What I Miss: I"m good! 


What I'm Looking Forward to: Christmas!  I love this time of year.     


Best Moment this Week: Getting almost everything done in Jacquizza's room.  We still need a mattress for the crib, and I have some decorations that still need to go up, but overall, we're ready for baby!


Pregnancy Body-New and Exciting!..maybe:
  Just the odd kicking around my back feeling.  I've also had more hip and pelvic pain, but it's bearable.   

Baby Milestones:
Jacquizza is still gaining weight like crazy.  Pretty much all she'll be doing until she's here!    


Food Cravings: All this junk food around here is awesome, but probably not so good for my waistline! 

How's Dad?: Still doing well.  He put up some of the nursery decorations without me having to ask.  He's such a good provider!

   

Tid Bits:  My University of Phoenix class is going well.  I'm again very glad to have this to ease my way into maternity leave.  It's been odd not leaving the house for work, but I'm starting to get used to it.  Much nicer is being able to see Brian every night, and not just being his "weekend wife"!  We've both agreed that I'm not doing 5 night a week classes anymore!

I finally signed up for prenatal classes and a hospital tour--all of which are happening in January.  I skipped the class on breast feeding, since I've been told that the lactation consultant at the hospital will tell me pretty much anything I need to know.  We are doing the labor class, as well as the baby basics course.  I'm pretty excited to go!  

We head down to LA for Christmas tomorrow, by way of a drive down the coast.  I'm happy to get a vacation. I'll have to make sure to take plenty of pictures of the trip and of Christmas and post them when I can get back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment