Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Two for One Post

Since we were on the road for Christmas, I decided to combine Weeks 32 and 33 into one post.  

Weeks: 32 and 33


Bump picture--between Weeks 32 and 33 and taken along the Pacific Coast Highway between Monterey and San Luis Obispo.

And another one taken at Brian's parents' house on Christmas day (32 weeks, 3 days)
 
Baby Size: *Stats are for Week 33, since it's the one I'm in now*.  19.5 inches and just about 4.5 pounds.  She's supposed to put on 0.5 lbs per week from here on out.  I couldn't get into the doctor's this week, since they are super busy with Christmas and all, so I won't have any heartbeat updates until next week.  

Sleep: Pretty well for being on the road for most of the week.  The first hotel had a crappy mattress, but the second hotel and Brian's parents' house had very nice beds and I slept pretty well.  I am having issues getting to sleep at night, not being able to shut my mind off and all.  Once I get there (until Jacquizza decides the bladder is in her way) I do pretty well.  Again, I wish I could store this up for future use! 

Diet and Exercise:  We did a ton of walking on the babymoon.  The first day was the Winchester Mystery House, which was about a mile long walking tour.  The next day, we hit the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which was also a ton of walking, and the last day was Hearst Castle, tidal pools, and the longest, steepest staircase in Cambria from our hotel to downtown.  After getting to LA, I didn't do nearly as well, eating a ton and only walking 1 day, but before then, I was a walking machine.  I'm actually pretty proud of how well I held up with all the walking tours. 
 
Movement: Still a ton of movement, but we've switched from sharp kicks to rolls and twists.  I'll get an unidentified body part that moves from one side to the other and bulges out my abdomen.  I've been trying to get it on video in order to send it to my parents (since they didn't get to see or feel her move while they were here for Thanksgiving), but every time I pull out my phone to record it, she stops moving.  She's a stubborn one!   

What I Miss: I really want some sushi this week.  I haven't had any since my birthday in September, and I think it's time! 


What I'm Looking Forward to: Enjoying the rest of the week with Brian being off.  It was so nice spending time as a couple this past week, and he has the rest of the week off work.  I know he has to work to make money, but sometimes I wish he could be off with me for the next month!     


Best Moment this Week: The babymoon, and spending time with the in-laws for Christmas.  It was so nice seeing everyone and eating tons of food.  I really appreciate my extended family!


Pregnancy Body-New and Exciting!..maybe:
  After all the eating at Christmas, I feel like I've really gained a ton of belly.  I used to be able to bend over with little effort, but now I hit the belly when I try.  The same thing happened after Thanksgiving.  I'm glad she's using all the nutrients I'm sending in there!   

Baby Milestones:
Jacquizza is still gaining weight like crazy.  She's also busy practicing all the skills she'll need when she gets out.   

Food Cravings: Sushi! 

How's Dad?: Great!  He actually planned the entire babymoon, meaning I didn't have to worry about our schedule or where we were supposed to be at any given time.  I actually had no idea what the plan was until we were in the car on the way!  He did such a great job with the hotels and booking tickets and keeping us on schedule.  


We bought the mattress for the crib, and the seat protectors for the car, but are holding off on everything else until after my shower on the 15th.  It's hard to not just buy everything I need right now, but I do need to leave stuff for other people to buy as well.  I will enjoy the shopping trip after the shower :)
 
Tid Bits:  Here are some pictures from the babymoon:

The Winchester Mystery House--that lady was crazy.  Our tour guide there was a few crayons short of a box, too.  He was more interested in telling "funny" jokes (one had Nazis in it) than giving us details about the house.  We did the behind-the-scenes tour, and learned so much more during that one than during the main hour one!


 That opening towards the right is actually a door that leads to a drop to the ground.  Told you.



Jellyfish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium

And a seahouse

 Creepy disembodied head!

Starfish at Monterey Bay Aquarium


Penguins!



Along the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway)  There were some truly amazing views, but I only got a few nice pictures

Brian breaking from his marathon driving.  He did everything until the way home (6 straight hours is just too much)!



The main entrance to Hearst Castle--nice little front door

The Neptune pool at Hearst Castle--I could swim there

The view from Hearst Castle--I could wake up to that



Anemone in a tidal pool outside Cambria

Seals

We did not pick them up


And lastly, my 2 favorite presents this year :)

I hope everyone's Christmas was as nice as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment