Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Now with pictures!

Week: 29, and here we are:


  This is from our Christmas card photo shoot on Sunday

Baby Size: Almost 17 inches and 3 pounds.  I'm back to measuring right on target (29 cm fundal length at my last OB appointment), so I'm pretty happy about that. 

Sleep: Much better this week.  The bird has been deterred from pecking by the new screen, and I'm actually able to sleep now.  It's a great feeling to get all of the rest I need.  Too bad I can't stockpile it for the future! 

Diet and Exercise:  I'm still doing well on the working out, although I think the incline days are numbered.  I got some sharp pains while walking that went away when I lowered the incline and slowed down.  I'm going to try a lower incline/slower speed combo and see if that helps.  I have a really sore lower back right now--to the point where it's uncomfortable to move around a lot.  I don't know if that's from the baby hitting something or what, but I'm sticking with the yoga and stretching throughout the day.  I may have to find a chiropractor though.  


According to the OB, I've gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks, bringing me to 14 pounds.  She seemed pleased--especially with the Thanksgiving eating thrown in there, and considering I'd only gained 1 pound in 4 weeks at my last visit!
 
Movement: She has very distinct times that she moves, and when we hit those times, she really moves a ton!  She flops around like a fish out of water in the mornings when I first wake up, then moves a bit less at lunch, but then is back at it with some hard core moving right before bed.  I've actually started provoking her a bit in the evenings--I'd rather she moves while I'm not trying sleep!  She's doing a lot of pushing and rolling on my left side, and I think it's her head that causes that side to bulge out, but at this point it could be any appendage.  My belly looks very lopsided when she really starts rolling around.  I've felt some hiccups as well, which basically feels like someone put my abdomen on vibrate.  Overall, it's really cool to feel her rolling around in there! 

What I Miss: I'm back to being good again--all readjusted to healthy eating after the eat-fest of Thanksgiving! 


What I'm Looking Forward to: Getting the rug for the front room on Friday, and all of our baby furniture on Thursday.  That means I can start decorating!   


Best Moment this Week: New car!  I've upgraded from my '99 Saturn to a '12 Nissan Altima.  I'm actually still driving the Saturn this week, since it's a pain to transfer my parking passes for the community colleges for just a week of teaching.  I love the car so far, and the backseat size and safety features make it ideal for little Jacquizza. 

 My very first brand new car!

Pregnancy Body-New and Exciting!..maybe:
  I'm very much all belly, and I like it.  Nothing new to report though.   

Baby Milestones:
Jacquizza's almost reached her birth length, but is busy at least doubling her weight.  That's seriously all the baby book says this week.  I think we're at the boring phase!     


Food Cravings: Brian bought a dried fruit basket at Costco, and I'm all about it right now.  Jacquizza likes her fruit! 

How's Dad?: He's wrapping his head around spending all the money this week, but I think he's happy overall.  He was really good about letting me pick the car, since it's really my vehicle, but did direct me to the correct websites to check out safety ratings and overall value.  He would have been happy with any of the cars I chose, but I think he really was hoping I'd pick the Altima.  Here is a painting of us shopping:



Me:  But the red one is so pretty!
Brian:  How many bottles of Bordeaux could I buy if we got the blue one instead?

He's done with home improvement/reno projects for December, with the holidays and everything, but I have to say that the house looks amazing.  He really went all out for the past few months, and it paid off big-time.  I'm happy to have a lovely home.
   

Tid Bits:  I'm in the home stretch with my classes--2 more lectures, 2 more labs, and 3 finals to go.  I'm being as nice as I can with the finals--particularly for my class of pre-nursing students--but there's only so much I can do if they don't study.  It's going to be odd not having to drive anywhere in a week and a half.  I am very thankful to have the University of Phoenix class starting to ease me into maternity leave.  

Lastly, here are some pictures that we took over Thanksgiving.  As I mentioned, it was great to have everyone come to us for a change!
First of all, Brian and me.  His mother has a shot of his sister and brother-in-law in the same pose when she was pregnant.
 

Amy and me being silly
 
 
 And being serious.  This is actually in Jacquizza's room.
 
Here we are with my family

We unfortunately don't have a posed picture with the Romos, but here are 2.5/5 of them!

And now some candids:

 Our dining room--I'll post the living area when we get the rug in.

Here I am blowing up the bed for Amy in Jacquizza's room.  I always aim to look my best.

And here's another shot of Brian and me!

1 comment: