Tuesday, November 1, 2011

In which I paint a lot

Week: 24--viability!  As a note on that, though, the message board I post on for moms due in Feb 2012 had 2 babies born this week!  Both were at 25 weeks, and both were under 2 pounds.  They seem to be doing really well so far, and are certainly fighting, but it's so sad to think that these babies are starting out with such a rough challenge.  They and their families are certainly in my prayers, and I really hope for nothing but the best possible outcome for them!  As my friend commented this week, I really hope hers and my babies decide to stay put until around their due dates!
 
Baby Size: 8.5 inches. She's weighing in at about 1.25 pounds and is the size of a standard letter envelope--getting bigger all the time! 

Sleep: Still spotty.  Some days, I have no problem at all, but others I just can't seem to get back to sleep once I've been awakened by something.  We're having some pretty bad winds today, and the noise woke me up aboou 5:30 this morning, and then I couldn't get back to sleep!  Lecturing is going to be a challenge tonight! 

Diet and Exercise:  I got in 4 days of exercise this week.  I did 2 days on the treadmill, and then 2 days of yoga DVDs.  Diet was great until the weekend.  Brian and I worked on painting our front room, and ended up eating a bunch of fast food in between coats.  Not so good on my part!
 
Movement: She jumps around in there a ton now!  She's still most active in the morning (or whenever I heed the call of nature) and at night as I'm trying to get to sleep, but gets some good shots in there around mealtimes.  She's started anticipating when I'm going to eat and kicks now ahead of time.  Very cute! 

What I Miss: I'm good again this week! 


What I'm Looking Forward to: Being done with this semester!  I have a little over a month left of teaching, and I'm so looking forward to some time off.  It's been a really good time, and I've learned a lot, but this 5 nights a week thing is hard!  I've already decided that I'm not doing 2 night classes anymore--I'll do 1, 3 days a week at most, and try to make the rest day courses.  I think I've paid my dues and have earned that!   


Best Moment this Week: This is a tough one to answer this week, since it was pretty uneventful.  I did enjoy helping Brian out with the home improvements for a change, even if I did pay for it with soreness/tiredness the next day!


Pregnancy Body-New and Exciting!..maybe:  The belly seems to have expanded over the weekend.  Brian even commented last night that it seems more front and center now, rather than lower like it has been.  I think she went through a growth spurt in there--I've done nothing but eat for the past week and now the belly is larger!  This is when the OB warned me a growth spurt was coming, and I guess we're right on schedule!
 

Baby Milestones:
Growing and gaining weight is the story of the month it seems!  She's packing on the baby fat and filling out that saggy skin.  She also has eyelashes and eyebrows and some hair on her head.  All the hair is still white, though, since pigment comes in later.     

Food Cravings: Not too bad this week.  Again, I've been good about eating a little of what I want before an actual craving hits. 

How's Dad?: The bathroom is done!  I have pictures, and when I can figure out where the camera cable is, I'll post them.  It turned out really well--Brian did an amazing job!


We've moved on now to the front room, which besides a dining room table, is completely empty.  We ordered some furniture a couple of months ago, and I got a call saying it should be in at the beginning of November!  So now we have to paint and get everything ready in the room before the furniture gets here.  We need to do some touchups and finish the trim this weekend, and then we can move on to the nursery.  As I mentioned earlier, I got to help with this room, since it is quite a bit bigger than the bathroom.  I took frequent breaks, but still managed to exhaust myself by the end!  It was a lot of fun, and it felt good to contribute.   

Tid Bits:  Zoe is doing just fine after her fishhook incident last weekend.  She was up and tearing around like nothing had happened!  It never ceases to amaze me how resilient cats are and how easily they heal from things.  I got a taste of that while doing the ovarectomies on rats--a surgery that would knock us down for weeks barely phased them at all!

The University of Phoenix decided to hire me, and I start my next class with them at the beginning of December.  I get 2 weeks off for Christmas, and will end the class at the end of January.  I think Brian's a little worried that I'm going to have Jacquizza early, since he was asking me if I was sure I wanted to take on the class.  I think it'll be fine--she's given me no indication that she is anything but happy in there and she'll likely make it to February.  The class begins just as my other 2 are ending, so that'll give me something to do for Dec and Jan rather than just sitting around waiting on a baby!

As I said I'm so over teaching 5 evenings a week, and I'm so glad it's almost done!  I get next Friday off (Veteran's Day) and then Thanksgiving, and I'm so looking forward to the break.  On the other hand, I can't believe it's November already!  This semester has really flown by.

On an end note, I probably have a class to teach this upcoming summer!  I was asked by the closer college to teach a intro chem course during the summer from 8:00-12:45 4 days a week.  Nothing is official until I get the contract, but this is a huge weight off of my shoulders.  I was worried that taking the spring semester off would get me off of the radar, and that everyone would forget about me come summer and fall.  I guess I didn't need to worry so much!  It's so nice to know that I'll have a job in the summer, even though that means I need to find a daycare for Jacquizza before then!

Pictures to come of our bathroom and my belly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment