Sunday, November 6, 2011

In which I whine about my first cold whle pregnant

Week: 25. 
 
Baby Size: 9 inches. She's weighing in at about 1.5 pounds and is the size of an eggplant. 

Sleep: Even worse this week with the cold referenced in the title.  It's really hard to sleep when you can't breath! 

Diet and Exercise:  I got in 4 days of exercise this week.  I did 2 days on the treadmill, and then 2 days of yoga DVDs.  This week will be much worse, since the sickness will keep me down!
 
Movement: She was super super active on Tuesday and Wednesday this week (like I was watching my belly jump up and down as she kicked and lurched around), but really slowed down the rest of the week.  I think she's gone from being perpendicular in there to being parallel to my spine, which is, of course, the way she'll be delivered some day.  I can now feel a lump up near my ribs that wasn't there before.  What it is, I have no idea, but it's certainly some baby part! 

What I Miss: Being able to take any medicine I want without thinking about it!  As I mentioned, I have a cold, and my OB has mentioned that Sudafed, while OK, is probably not something I want to take everyday.  I've been avoiding anything besides Tylenol and allergy meds so far, and I did get a Netipot to use (disgusting, but pretty effective), but I think I'll have to take something tomorrow to get me through a lab and lecture.  It's all in the name of keeping baby safe, but it really sucks! 


What I'm Looking Forward to: This cold going away!   


Best Moment this Week: It's hard to focus on the positive this week, but I guess it's how well Brian's been taking care of me.


Pregnancy Body-New and Exciting!..maybe:  Stupid cold.
 

Baby Milestones:
She now has pink skin instead of translucent, as her blood vessels have grown in and given her that healthy pink glow.  Her air sacs are filling in as well, getting her ready for her first breath sometime soonish.  The nostrils are also opening up now, which lets her practice the mechanics of breathing.  Lastly, her vocal cords are now functioning, the better to keep us up all night with!     


Food Cravings: Again, with the cold!  Everything I eat tastes exactly the same, so it's hard to crave anything. 

How's Dad?: He's doing really well.  He takes good care of me when I'm sick, getting meals and various cold aids for me so that I don't have to move too much and can just concentrate on getting better.  I'm really trying to not give this to him, because I don't want him to feel sick!


Poor guy had to finish the trim and touchups on the front room himself this weekend, and he did very little complaining (much less than I would have done if the situation had been reversed!).  The room looks really good now with the new colors, and will look even better when the furniture gets here on Friday.  I'll be sure to take pictures and post them when we are officially done.  It'll be nice to have something else down.   

Tid Bits:  Not much to say this week, with the cold and all.  I have no idea how I'm going to teach tomorrow with how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment