Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week: 28! 
 
Baby Size: Almost 16 inches and 2.5 pounds. 

Sleep: The bird has decided to pick a different vent to break into, but I can still hear him/her pecking away pre-7:00.  We bought a screen to put up, but haven't gotten around to it yet since I am back at work.  I'm really out for this thing now! 

Diet and Exercise:  I totally slacked off this week (as expected) with the holiday!  I have managed to work out everyday this week, but I am paying for taking the time off.  I walked on the treadmill yesterday, and spent the rest of the day with severe groin pain.  It was fine once I got up and moving, but the getting up and moving was torture!  I think I'll have to cut the incline some.  The yoga DVDs definitely help though, and I'm so thankful to have them!
 
Movement: Still tons, although not while my family was here!  She actually turned around so that she was kicking internally instead of externally for a few days!  I feel so bad--I know my mom and sister wanted to feel her moving, but the only one feeling anything was me.  She flipped back around right after they left.  She is my daughter! 

What I Miss: I want some grease.  I think I got spoiled by all the awesome food last week, and I just want it to continue! 


What I'm Looking Forward to: Classes being over!  We have 2 more weeks of instruction, and then 2 days of finals and I am done!   


Best Moment this Week: Seeing all of the family for Thanksgiving.  It was great seeing Brian's parents and uncle and my parents and sister.  Brian cooked a fantastic meal, and we all ate to bursting.  It was such a treat to have everyone come to us and to not have to travel!


Pregnancy Body-New and Exciting!..maybe:
  Except for the increase in hip and groin pain from the treadmill, not much to report.  We did get some really cute shots of the family over Thanksgiving, but they are on Brian's camera so I have to wait until he gets them off for me (his camera scares me).   

Baby Milestones:
Jacquizza's got a new skill--blinking!  She's also now experiencing REM sleep and probably having dreams.  Her lungs are nearly fully mature, as are most other organ systems.  From this point on, it's grow, baby, grow!  Her brain is also starting to develop grooves and indentations instead of being smooth as it has been--the better to out-think us!     


Food Cravings: Grease.  I think I'm skipping the healthy(ish) Subway tonight and going straight for unhealthy(er) fast food! 

How's Dad?: Still really well.  He worked his tail off cooking for the house full of people, but didn't complain.  After everyone had gone back to their homes, he did mention that it felt strange not having anything to paint, but he kept himself busy by doing yard work and finishing hooking up the TV for me in front of the treadmill.  We watched a ton of football this past weekend, and enjoyed just hanging out without impending housework!

   

Tid Bits:  I got an offer to teach a class at University of Phoenix starting Jan. 24 and running through February.  I of course turned it down, since that's when Jacquizza will be making her appearance, but it's odd to think that it's close enough that schools are planning for instructors!  I do start a UOP class on Dec 6, which is just at the tail end of the semesters at the community colleges and will make a nice transition from being crazy busy to doing nothing until the baby is born.  

We are going to start looking at cars this weekend too I think, and hopefully buying one before the drive to LA for Christmas.  It's not a whole lot of time (and Brian doesn't do fast decisions), so I'm a bit nervous that we'll still be car shopping in January when I'm huge!  I'm hoping we can agree on something and get a good deal.  I'll miss the Saturn, but it'll be nice to have something new.  We're actually going to be keeping the Saturn at Brian's parents' condo so that if they decide to fly up, they'll have a car to drive around while they're here.  I think it's working out nicely!

I promise to post some pictures in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment